We are looking for a French-speaking Social Media Intern to help run our social media channels: @athleticsafrica on Twitter, Facebook and Viber.
You will need to have access to internet, be able to work independently and remotely from any location, and be available to meet on Skype or FaceTime with the our news team regularly (at least once a fortnight).
Your main responsibilities will include translating, tweeting, email marketing, content researching, copy rewriting and PR.
This opportunity is for an articulate and hardworking individual who has the discipline to work unsupervised. Ideal for a media or journalism student/graduate looking for digital work experience within the Sports industry. You must be able to show passion for Sports (track and field) and the Olympic movement.
You will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the social media and community management and be experienced in using platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Viber
Length: Five (5) months initially. You can work remotely (allowing you to work on other projects/jobs) with regular contact with the news editors. There may also be opportunities to travel to cover live events/track meetings or to interview top sports personalities at their training venues.
There will be a round of Phone/Skype interviews with the successful applicants.
Type of Job: Internship (reasonable expenses paid)
Social Media Marketing And Community Management
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Be an advocate for the website brand by actively interacting through different social channels as well as with other social influencers.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and manage public reactions.
- Analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations for revising the Social Media campaigns by writing detailed reports (ROI).
- Research competitors and provide new ideas.
- Copywriting, proofreading for brand touchpoints.
- Research, identify and analyse trending topics relevant to the website brand.
- Curate and produce content for the website.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of track and field
- Passion and interest in African sports and the Olympic movement
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop or other graphic softwares to create web assets
- Experience of using WordPress or Drupal for blogging
- Ability to research and analyse data, trends, etc.
- Good Excel / PowerPoint skills required to produce and manage reports
- French – native level; English – fluent
- Knowledge of SEO, Twitter and/or Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe premiere and/or other Video editors.
To Apply now please send your CV and a brief Covering letter with the job title to the AthleticsAfrica Team:
[button link=”mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org” size=”large” text_size=”beta” newtab=”on”] CLICK TO APPLY [/button]