Nkoka secured his maiden victory at the Two Oceans Marathon after breaking clear of a three-man lead group with less than 10km remaining to win the annual race in 3:09:52.
Local favourite Hendrick Ramaala fought back in the closing stages, after dropping off the pace, to grab second place in 3:11:33 on his ultra-marathon debut.
Nina Podnebesnova of Russia won the women’s race in 3:40:07, and Paulina Njeya was the first South African woman home, taking fifth position in 3:50:48.
South African Stephen Lesego Mokoka won the Two Oceans half-marathon race in a time of 1:04:16 and was closely followed behind by Joel Mmone and Sibabalwe Mzazi who both came in at 1:04:29. Benedict Moeng took fourth position with 1:04:40.
Lebo Phalula of South Africa won the women’s half-marathon in 1:14:00 ahead of compatriot Rene Kalmer (1:14:23).
- Lebenya Nkoka (LES) 3:09:52
- Hendrick Ramaala (RSA) 3:11:33
- Masilo Matjiane (LES) 3:12:00
- Warinyane Lebopo (LES) 3:12:24
- Ketema Tadesse (ETH) 3:12:35
- Michael Mazibuko (RSA) 3:13:05
- Arnold Kibet Kiptaoi (KEN) 3:14:06
- Henry Moyo (MAL) 3:15:37
- Mthandazo Qhina (RSA) 3:16:07
- Othaniel Phahlane (RSA) 3:16:21
- Nina Podnebesnova (RUS) 3:40:07
- Shitaye Gemechu Debellu (ETH) 3:43:37
- Elena Nurgalieva (RUS) 3:43:59
- Mamorallo Tjoka (LES) 3:46:13
- Paulina Njeya (RSA) 3:50:48
- Olesya Nurgalieva (RUS) 3:51:46kk
- Chelitu Bogale Asefa (ETH) 3:56:58
- Ntombesintu Mfunzi (RSA) 4:00:52
- Alemtsehay Hailu Kakissa (ETH) 4:03:56
- Samukeliso Moyo (ZIM) 4:07:32
- Stephen Mokoka (RSA) 1:04:16
- Joel Mmone (RSA) 1:04:29
- Gladwin Mzazi (RSA) 1:04:29
- Benedict Moeng (RSA) 1:04:40
- Asefa Negewo (ETH) 1:05:12
- Lebo Phalula (RSA) 1:14:00
- Rene Kalmer (RSA) 1:14:23
- Gezashigh Gemeda (ETH) 1:15:02
- Mapaseka Makhanya (RSA) 1:15:35
- Lavinia Haitope (NAM) 1:16:41