The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for the maiden edition of the Access Bank Lagos International Marathon was unveiled to the world on Tuesday in Lagos, Nigeria by the president of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), Chief Solomon Ogba.
AFN’s Head of Media Olukayode Thomas said, in a statement sent to AthleticsAfrica.com, that the team to deliver the first full marathon race in Nigeria will be headed by the chairman of the Lagos State Sport Commission, Deji Tinubu, and assisted by former Team Nigeria captain Yussuf Alli.
Thomas said the LOC will also have representatives from the Lagos State Police Command, Lagos State Traffic Management Agency (LASTMA), Access Bank Branding Division and the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA).
A press conference to inform the media, business community and the general public of the plans for the Access Bank Lagos International Marathon will take place in Lagos on Friday December 11, 2015.
The full members of the Local Organizing Committee are:
- Deji Tinubu – LOC Chairman
- Yussuf Alli – General Manager, Marathon
- Olumide Bamiduro – LOC Secretary
- Nilayo Sports Management Limited – Consultants
- Olukayode Thomas – Head, Media and Communication
- Commodore Omatseye Niesiama – Member
- Ebidowe Owiegei – Member
- Prof. Tunde Makanju – Member
- Tayo Popoola – Member